Thursday, June 27, 2013

Week 5 - June 17 - 24

I cannot believe I've been here a month! I'm sad because I only have three weeks! Twice this week, after work, Margot took me downtown. I did my shopping and errands. I learn a lot from my conversations in the car with Margot.

In addition, I hung out with Pierre, Adrien, Jemil, and Cameron on Tuesday after finishing the work at the Foyer. The Foyer is located in the basement of the school and it's where students hang out and meet up for a drink.

On Friday, there were no candidates for the afternoon so we ended earlier. It was very hot and I decided to go to the beach. I stayed at the beach for three hours. I love swimming and sunbathing, but what I like most is jumping/diving.

The rocks people jump off are shown on the left

Despite the heat and my desire to go to the beach, I spent most of my Saturday coffee to work on my MIISP blog and my French blog:), essays for school and study abroad applications, and preparing a trip to Avignon with a friend for next weekend.

Beautiful view from the café

Saturday evening, I went out with Cameron, Jemil, and Adrien to Adrien's friend's house. I met some very nice people. I enjoyed getting to know Julie, who was super nice. We talked about France and the United States (one of the most common themes in my conversations with the French).

On Sunday, I went to the beach again. Obviously, I love going to the beach and going downtown!

1 comment:

  1. haha! An MIISP shout-out! Sorry that we kept you from the beach on a nice day :-)

    I didn't realize that you were applying to study abroad next Winter! Let me know if you need any advice re: programs or the application process!

    ReplyDelete