Thursday, June 27, 2013

Week 2 - May 27 - June 2

This week at work, we spent most of the time on email. We received a bunch of emails from candidates who sent the necessary documents for their videoconferences. When the documents were not clear or missing, we informed the candidate and once we had all the necessary documents, we assigned the videoconference date.

At work, as I have already said in the previous blog, people I work with are super nice. Flavia is from Montpellier in the south of France, Margot is from Bretagne from the North, Adrien is Paris and Audrey and Pierre are Marseillaises. We all agree that the best part of the morning is when we are brought our breakfast in a basket-- delicious viennoiseries yum yum!

The QG Admin team


I work the morning shift (6:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.) and every day after work, I run to the beach! It's really nice to be outside after spending all day inside. I found different routes to run and I often stop running to take pictures of the beautiful view.

One of the views when I go for a run


This past weekend, I went to Nice to visit my sister, Alexandra, who was finishing her study abroad. Pierre took me to the station after work, which was was very nice of him. As I waited for the train, I got a coffee and this guy sat down and we started talking. So far, everyone I have met has been very friendly, contrary to stereotype of the French being snobbish and rude.


In Nice, I stayed with Alexandra’s host family. Her host mom was an amazing cook! One night, she prepared ratatouille, which was delicious. Nice is super pretty. We also went to Monaco and Villefranche Saturday. On Sunday we walked around Nice. I loved the Colline du Chateau, which similar to Notre Dame de la Garde in Marseille, showed the view of the city. I also enjoyed walking on the Promenade des Anglais and the old town of Nice. Here are some pictures of my trip!

Old Port in Nice


It was a big cloudy in Monaco

The Port in Monaco

Villefranche


One of the beautiful beaches in Villefranche

Market in Nice
View of the Promenade des Anglais and the rest of Nice from the Chateau du Colline


1 comment:

  1. Wow, beautiful running routes!

    I didn't know that your sister was studying abroad in France. It's very cool that you were able to visit her!

    ReplyDelete